The National Weather Service in Billings has issued a
* Flood Warning for…
Yellowstone County in south central Montana this includes the city of Billings, Huntley, Briarwood and other areas of Yellowstone County
* until 100 PM MDT Friday
* this replaces the previous Flood Warning for Yellowstone County.
* Flooding continues across portions of eastern and southern Yellowstone counties… and several County roads remain closed or damaged from flooding this past weekend. Rainfall today and tonight will be locally heavy. This may cause additional rises of streams and flooding of low lying areas across Yellowstone County.
* Significant flooding continues along Pryor Creek. County officials reported that Pryor Creek Road bridge between interstates 90 and 94 was washed out. Flooding occurred along most of Pryor creek between the towns of Pryor and Huntley.
* Rainfall today and tonight may cause additional flooding along blue… Duck… Canyon and Pryor creeks. Residents in these areas should stay alert to rising water levels.
* Many roads across eastern and southern Yellowstone County remain closed or impassable. Travelers should use extreme caution. Please do not drive on flooded roads.
Do not drive your vehicle into areas where the water covers the roadway. The water depth may be too great to allow your car to cross
safely. Move to higher ground.
To report flooding… have the nearest law enforcement agency relay
your report to the National Weather Service forecast office
Here is a video that was taken of the Yellowstone River that the Pryor Creek, Blue Creek and Fly Creek feed into. In fact, some of the images of the video are from Pompey’s Pillar National Monument. The Yellowstone River flowed out of its banks and onto the monument grounds. You’ll have to see the flooding that occured in the Huntley Project area which shows partly in this video.